tixScrolledHList - Create and manipulate Tix ScrolledHList widgets
tixScrolledHList pathName ?options?
- -anchor, anchor, Anchor
- -background or -bg, background, Background
- -cursor, cursor, Cursor
- -relief, relief, Relief
- Command-Line Name: -height
- Database Name: height
- Database Class: Height
- Specifies the desired height for the window, in pixels.
- Command-Line Name: -scrollbar
- Database Name: scrollbar
- Database Class: Scrollbar
- Specifies the display policy of the scrollbars. The following values are recognized:
- auto ?+x? ?-x? ?+y? ?-y?
- When -scrollbar is set to "auto", the scrollbars are shown only when needed. Additional modifiers can be used to force a scrollbar to be shown or hidden. For example, "auto -y" means the horizontal scrollbar should be shown when needed but the vertical scrollbar should always be hidden; "auto +x" means the vertical scrollbar should be shown when needed but the horizontal scrollbar should always be shown, and so on.
- Both scrollbars are shown
- The scrollbars are never shown.
- Only the horizontal scrollbar is shown;
- Only the vertical scrollbar is shown.
- Command-Line Name: -width
- Database Name: width
- Database Class: Width
- Specifies the desired width for the window, in pixels.
- The horizontal scrollbar subwidget.
- The tixHList subwidget inside the ScrolledHList widget.
- The vertical scrollbar subwidget.
The tixScrolledHList command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a ScrolledHList widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the ScrolledHList widget such as its cursor and relief.
The tixScrolledHList command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the ScrolledHList widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the ScrolledHList widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for ScrolledHList widgets:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledHList command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledHList command.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
- When no additional arguments are given, returns the pathname of the subwidget of the specified name. When no additional arguments are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these parameters.
scroll, hierarchical listbox, widget
Copyright © 1993-1999 Ioi Kim Lam. Copyright © 2000-2001 Tix Project Group. Copyright © 1995-1997 Roger E. Critchlow Jr.