tixFileSelectDialog - Create and manipulate tixFileSelectDialog widgets
tixFileSelectDialog pathName ?options?
The TixFileSelectDialog class does not have a super-class.
TixFileSelectDialog supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options manual entry for details on the standard options.
- Command-Line Name: -command
- Database Name: command
- Database Class: Command
- Specifies the command to be called when the user chooses on a filename (usually by selecting the filename and clicking on the "OK" button"). The command is called with one argument, the complete pathname of the file.
- The StdButtonBox subwidget at the bottom of FileSelectDialog. It contains the "OK", "Filter, "Cancel" and "Help" buttons.
- The FileSelectBox subwidget at the top of the FileSelectDialog.
The tixFileSelectDialog command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a FileSelectDialog widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the FileSelectDialog such as its cursor and relief.
The FileSelectDialog widget provides an convenient method for the user to select files. The FileSelectBox is similar to the standard Motif(TM) file-selection box.
The tixFileSelectDialog command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the FileSelectDialog's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the FileSelectDialog widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for FileSelectDialog widgets:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixFileSelectDialog command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixFileSelectDialog command.
- pathName popdown
- Withdraws the FileSelectDialog from the screen.
- pathName popup
- Pops up the FileSelectDialog on the screen.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
- When no options are given, this command returns the pathname of the subwidget of the specified name. When options are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these options.
file selector, widget, dialog
Copyright © 1993-1999 Ioi Kim Lam. Copyright © 2000-2001 Tix Project Group. Copyright © 1995-1997 Roger E. Critchlow Jr.