tixFileSelectBox - Create and manipulate Tix FileSelectBox widgets
tixFileSelectBox pathName ?options?
The FileSelectBox widget supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options manual entry for details on the standard options.
- Command-Line Name: -browsecmd
- Database Name: browsecmd
- Database Class: browseCmd
- Specifies the command to execute when the user browses through the files. By default, if the -browsecmd is specified, the browse command will be executed when the user clicks on a filename in the Files listbox.
- Command-Line Name: -command
- Database Name: command
- Database Class: Command
- Specifies the command to execute when the FileSelectBox is invoked. This command is executed with one parameter : the filename selected by the user.
- Command-Line Name: -directory or -dir
- Database Name: directory
- Database Class: Directory
- Specifies the directory to look for files. By default this will be the current working directory of the program and will be changed as the user browses through the directories.
- Command-Line Name: -disablecallback
- Database Name: disableCallback
- Database Class: DisableCallback
- A boolean value indicating whether callbacks should be disabled. When set to true, the TCL command specified by the -command option is not executed when the -value of the ExFileSelectBox widget changes.
- Command-Line Name: -pattern
- Database Name: pattern
- Database Class: Pattern
- Specifies the matching pattern of the file names that should be listed in the Files listbox. For example "*.c" matches all the filenames that end with ".c". If this option is set to the empty string, the default pattern "*" will be used.
- Command-Line Name: -value or -selection
- Database Name: value
- Database Class: Value
- Specifies the name of the filename currently selected by the user.
- The scrolled listbox that shows the directories.
- The scrolled listbox that shows the files.
- The ComboBox listbox that shows the filter string.
- The ComboBox listbox that shows the file selection.
The tixFileSelectBox command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a FileSelectBox widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the FileSelectBox such as its cursor and relief.
The FileSelectBox is similar to the standard Motif(TM) file-selection box. It is generally used for the user to choose a file. FileSelectBox stores the files mostly recently selected into a ComboBox widget so that they can be quickly selected again. The tixFileSelectDialog widget is a combination of the FileSelectBox widget and a dialog widget.
The tixFileSelectBox command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the FileSelectBox's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the FileSelectBox widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for FileSelectBox widgets:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixFileSelectBox command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixFileSelectBox command.
- pathName filter
- Updates the files listed in the FileSelectBox according to the filtering pattern sepcified in the filter subwidget.
- pathName invoke
- Execute the command specified by the -command option with the filename stored in the selection subwidget.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
- When no options are given, this command returns the pathname of the subwidget of the specified name. When options are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these options.
TIX automatically creates class bindings for FileSelectBoxes that give them the following default behavior:
- Mouse button 1 in the Directory listbox will change the filter string to the selected directory.
- Mouse button 1 in the Files listbox will change the filename that appears in the Selection entry. It will also trigger the -browsecmd if the option has been specified.
- The current directory will be changed by (1) double clicking the Directory listbox or (2) invoking the Filter ComboBox. Please refer to the man page of tixComboBox for the default bindings of the ComboBoxes and how they can be invoked.
- The command specified by the option -command will be invoked by (1) double clicking the Files listbox or (2) invoking Selection ComboBox.
file selector, widget
Copyright © 1993-1999 Ioi Kim Lam. Copyright © 2000-2001 Tix Project Group. Copyright © 1995-1997 Roger E. Critchlow Jr.